Monday, September 29, 2008

Lake Isabella

In June, for my birthday, Patrick and I went camping at Lake Isabella (about 2 1/2 hours north of LA). It was over 100 degrees for the 3 days we were there. During the day it wasn't so bad cause you could get in the lake, but at night it was miserable in the tent. Patrick actually slept in one of the camp chairs out side the tent, which was brave of him since I heard some one screaming for help from the bathroom cause there was a snake in there.

Besides the nights, we had a blast. We played in the lake, went lake kayaking as well as white water kayaking and drove further into the mountains to Sequoia National Park and saw the giant Sequoia trees. We also hiked into some natural waterslides and spent a large portion of one of our afternoons there. Patrick was having way too much fun to pull him away. It was great to get out of the city.


Sequoia National Forest


Patrick catching air off the waterslide. The water in the pool he is about to land in is breath-takingly freezing.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Jennie! I'm so glad you and Patrick have started doing this. It looks like you two are doing so well. I miss you. Keep up the posting so we can stay in touch better. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yay - a blog, how fun!! I love the photos, it's fun to see what you guys have been talking about...trips, etc. Can't wait for further additions!

xoxo - Lindsay