It's been a great and busy summer and now it's already August! I can't believe how quickly the summer has gone by. We haven't had time to do all the summer activities we wanted to but we've definitely gotten in a lot and had a great time doing them. Here are some pics from our Colorado summer:
As part of my birthday celebration, Patrick and I went to a Rockies/Red Sox game. We went early enough to see the Red Sox batting practice. We got to see all our favorite players up close and be surrounded by fellow Red Sox fans. Batting practice was probably my favorite part of the night.
The next night was my actual birthday and Patrick planned a night out in Boulder with our friends. We grabbed happy hour at what has now become one of our favorite spots. Then we had some wine at a wine bar and went to dinner at a wonderful restaurant. We were the last people to leave the restaurant, a sign of a great night. It wouldn't have been nearly as good without my wonderful husband planning it all or without the great friends celebrating with me.
After a pretty serious mountain biking accident 6 years ago in Jackson Hole, I never thought I would be willing to get on a bike again. This summer, however, Patrick was determined to get me back on a bike. We'd done a few small bike rides around the neighborhood and I had so much fun that I suggested we load the bikes on the car and explore some of the bike trails in the neighboring town of Lafayette. Patrick was surprised by my suggestion but totally thrilled. We had a great bike ride with some pretty big hills (which is my biggest fear since it was coming down a hill on a bike that I had my accident) and Patrick was impressed with how well I did. So, now, we try to do a bike ride every weekend and I'm loving it! Thanks to my husband for pushing me!
We did a great bike ride starting from our house that ended up being about a 14 mile ride roundtrip. We were both so proud of me because there were lots of big rocks and things to navigate around. Not to mention the signs warning you of rattlesnacks, but I just took a deep breath and did it all and had a great time doing it.

A view towards Denver from our ride. You can see the open space and Standley Lake with the high-rises of Denver in the distance.
The trail ended at this pond. There were wildflowers, including wild sunflowers, everywhere. Butterflies surrounded you as you rode the trail to make you feel as if you had your own troupe of butterflies cheering you on.
This picture is from the bike ride, as well, but we've ran and biked around this lake many times before. One of my absolute favorite views!
On a Sunday afternoon, our friends Pat and Lindsay called to see if we wanted to go hiking. We ended up hiking just outside of Boulder and then grabbing a beer at one of our favorite breweries in town.

The hike was great. We saw lots of wildflowers and butterflies, not to mention the great view down the canyon towards Boulder.
No comments:
Post a Comment