The last real date Patrick and I had been on was 1 1/2 years ago. So, I told Patrick I wanted to go on a proper date. He planned it out and made the reservations. We dressed up in our best and he took me out on the town. Our first stop was a happy hour at a great place known for their wine and blues performances. Since we were just there for happy hour we didn't see any performances, but we had some great wine. Then we walked three blocks down the street to the restaurant we had reservations at. The restaurant was amazing. Great service and wonderful food and more great wine! So, we didn't care when the bill came and it was about 4 times more than what we would ever normally pay. You gotta do it up big when you only go on a date once every 18 months! We had so much fun, we didn't want the night to end. Eventually, we headed home and promptly fell asleep (it was 10 PM). Man, are we old!

I made Patrick pose for this picture. He looked so handsome!
4 comments:
This photo totally reminds me of the one you guys have of yourselves from high school when you first began dating - you look so young and in love! Must have been a good date... =)
Lindsay
Ok I am going to scold you two! You don't even have kids yet so you have no excuse for not going out on dates. Even if they are just small dates, take the time! It will be soon enough when time and money are linited and then you also have to worry about finding, booking, and paying a baby sitter! Go out on more dates!!! You guys are worth it! At least once a month; get out your calender and plan them in advance. If you don’t I guarantee you will be saying “We should have listened to you” ;)
Hugs, Kristin
Yay for dates. And I totally have to echo Kris. Soon it will feel like anything out without kids is a date, even a trip to the grocery store, so yes, more dates! You two look fabulous, by the way!
Miss you,
Annie
Hi Jen And Patrick, while you are enjoying dating in the sun we just had another major snowstorm, i can't count how many we've had.
Jacquie and I check in everyday to follow your life.
PS
can you get your Uncle Bob to email me, I don't have a current email for him.
we have a great Parkdale celebration planned for this summer!!!
your whole family should come up to it!!!
Love
Pex
Post a Comment